Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Tacos! Nachos! Carrot Dogs!

On Monday night, I had a board meeting at The Doghouzz, the new(ish) hot dog bar across from Crosstown Concourse. I love their carrot dog, which I've ordered before from the build-your-own menu. But this time, I ordered the Crosstown Carrot Dog from their signature menu. This has relish, pickle chips, and Asian slaw, served atop a grilled and braised carrot. I got a side of pinto beans and a Monday Night Brewing (cause hey, it was Monday night!) Blind Pirate Blood Orange IPA.


Last Saturday night, my friend Brandy had a few folks over to celebrate Imbolc (a little late) and help her bless her new house with good energy. She had a nice spread set out when we arrived — vegan chicken salad, olive bread with hummus, chips and salsa. I brought what was supposed to be a vegan cheeseball, but despite having made this recipe a number of times, I forgot that it had to set for four hours in the fridge in order to ball it up. So instead, we had cheese spread! Megan brought some homemade seeded bread and hummus with carrots. I also brought some Eat Pastry chocolate chip cookies (baked with their pre-made cookie dough!).


On Sunday night, I made another recipe from last month's Health Made Simple Plan — Baby Bella Tacos! These oil-free, whole food-based tacos are made with black beans, baby bellas, avocado, cilantro, scallion, and red cabbage. I served them with air-fried tortilla chips and Siete Foods cashew queso.


I had taco leftovers the next day, but there was still so much filling left! So on Tuesday for lunch, I made the leftover filling into nachos! It's the same ingredients, but nachos are slightly easier to eat at your desk at work. Slightly! For this, I used homemade air-fried tortilla chips. They're low-oil and so easy to make. I just cut corn tortillas into triangles, spray with a bit of spray oil, dust with salt, and air-fry for about 8 minutes on 350 degrees.



2 comments:

Hillary said...

I think carrot dogs are great as long as you have lots of fixins! I feel like any type of hot dog needs lots of fixins though! That carrot dog sounds INCREDIBLE!!
I love mushroom tacos! I don't add enough mushrooms into my life!

Susan said...

I am still to try a carrot hotdog.
Looks like you had a lovely Imbolc celebration!