Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Review: Voke Superfood Tablets

I'm a morning person. I wake up at 5 am with pep in my step, ready to take on the day. Okay, real talk, that first 10 minutes after the alarm goes off is rough, but as soon as I've had my morning cuddle with my dog Maynard and my warm lemon water, I'm ready for anything. But come 2 pm, I go a little cross-eyed at my work laptop, and my focus starts to fade.

A few weeks ago, I received a review package of Voke Superfood Tablets to test out and review on Vegan Crunk. These chewable tablets claim to help you stay mentally vigilant, focused, and emotionally upbeat all day.


They contain guarana, acerola cherry, beet, and green tea caffeine. The guarana is said to help improve mood and focus; the cherry is good for immune support and sport recovery; the beetroot helps with cognitive function and is a natural antioxidant; and the green tea helps with mood and energy.


Each packet contains two chewable tablets. You take one in the morning and another mid-afternoon. I've been following this protocol for a couple weeks now, and I'm here to say, "It works!!" I definitely felt a boost immediately after taking them. It's a very similar feeling to a B12 shot or one of those B12 sprays, but I don't think this actually contains B12. The afternoon tablet was especially helpful for getting me through those 2 pm slumps!


My only complaint is the taste. They have a cherry flavor, thanks to the acerola cherries, but there's also a bitterness that I suspect comes from the guarana, which is naturally very bitter. My pro tip would be to always wash the tabs down with a flavored drink (like a smoothie or juice) to mask that lingering taste. But despite the bitterness, I've continued to take Voke tablets because they work!

No comments: