Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Health Made Simple for Athletes, Day 22

Mondays are workout rest days for me, so I slept in and enjoyed a big ole plate of the Easy & Awesome Tofu Scramble from the No Meat Athlete Health Made Simple plan (the 4-week whole foods, plant-based meal plan I'm doing for January). Side of Whole Wheat Toast with Sriracha Hummus on the side.


Morning snack at my desk was Trail Mix, scored from the bulk bins at The Truck Patch (a health food store in my hometown). This had raw almonds, cashews, seeds, vegan dark chocolate chips, and cranberries.


For lunch, I had the leftover Veggie Pizza from Sunday night (enjoyed cold!) with a side salad. The salad was tossed with oil-free Tahini Dressing from the plan (tahini, lemon, garlic, spices).


Afternoon snack was fruit (blueberries, mandarins, and grapes). And then I headed home for a quick dinner of No-Chicken Noodle Soup (with lentils, whole wheat pasta, carrots, celery, onion, and chicken-free broth). This soup was so warm and comforting, definitely a good recipe to make again when I have a cold.


I always have a salad with dinner. Sometimes, I snack on that salad while I'm cooking. But I'd prepped this soup on Sunday evening so all I had to do was warm it in the microwave, so I had my salad with dinner (oil-free hemp cashew Italian dressing on top!). After dinner, I attended Sit & Sound, a singing bowl/tuning fork meditation at Oothoon's (the mystical shop in Crosstown). After the meditation, we were served a lovely herbal tea, a perfect ending to a nice day.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I made chickpea noodle soup the other day when I was feeling pretty icky, and boy did it hit the spot!! It's so great on dreary winter nights!!!!

Susan said...

C0ld pizza is the best pizza!