Thursday, January 23, 2020

Health Made Simple for Athletes, Day 17

It's hard to believe I'm more than halfway through the 4-week Health Made Simple whole foods, plant-based meal plan! I'm fueling my runs and workouts with whole plant foods and I'm feeling great.

Wednesday morning, I woke up at 4:45 am for a 6-mile run. I had some Earl Gray tea and a Cashew Cookie Larabar pre-run, and then after my run, I had some white rice with soy sauce and sesame seeds for carb re-fueling. Then I had my coffee, followed by a Mango Jalapeno Protein Smoothie (mango, lime, jalapeno, banana, walnuts, spinach, and vanilla Sprouts brand protein powder).


Morning snack was a bowl of fresh berries (strawberry, blueberry, blackberry) with flax seed.


Lunch was another Buffalo Tofu Wrap (baked tofu, buffalo cashew ranch, celery, tomato, and pickled onion) with roasted purple sweet potato (topped with nooch and salsa).


And afternoon snack was Celery with Peanut Butter.


For dinner, I had another wrap! This one (actually, I had two cause I was extra hungry) is stuffed with oil-free Baked Falafel (made with soaked chickpeas, parsley, onion, and spiced), avocado, tomato, lettuce, hummus, and pickled onion. I'm loving all the wraps on this plan! My current fave wraps (though they're a little small) are La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Protein Wraps. I'd love these more if they didn't have all the added protein, but for WW wraps, they're super great. They don't break when you stuff 'em extra full.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Everything looks great, but Maynard stole the whole show!!!

Susan said...

I was curious to see that you drink tea before your run! I don't run, but if I drink anything other than a few sips of water before I do anything exercise related I will have it sloshing around in my tummy and then I will also need to pee approximately 5 million times!