Thursday, August 23, 2018

More Stuff I Ate

I've been all about some avocado toast lately! The No Meat Athlete Cookbook has a page dedicated to avo toast toppings, so I'm slowly working my way through that list. One idea was Avocado Toast with Cucumber and Dill – a great way to use my CSA cucumbers!


And another suggestion was Avocado Toast with Tomato & Pickled Onions. I'd made pickled onions for another recipe from the book and had some left, so they made a perfect toast topper.


When I was training for my 50K (which I am not now, thanks to another foot injury), I was running every Saturday and Sunday morning. So that meant I didn't have time for my favorite weekend morning ritual of eating ramen in my PJs while watching Netflix. Now that I'm injured, I'm back to Saturday morning Ramen Bowls with Tofu & Veggies, enjoyed while watching The Sopranos (I'm finally on the last season!) or House of Cards. Being injured sucks, but ramen makes it easier. By the way, I use the Koyo brand baked ramen so it's a little healthier!


One thing I can still do with my foot injury is cycling. So I'm doing a lot of that! Last Saturday, I packed a picnic for one and biked down to Tom Lee Park on the Mississippi River.


I spread out a blanket and read the latest issue of VegNews while snacking on Miyoko's Creamery Vegan Mozz & Bread, Field Roast Italian Sausage, Cucumber & Carrots with Hummus, and Peach Slices. I packed a glass of wine in a mason jar because one simply cannot picnic without wine. Lovely day!


Have a great weekend! I'll have some more random meals to post next week!

5 comments:

Susan said...

I am glad you have ramen to make the lack of training a little less rough. <3
That picnic looks lovely!

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I love the idea of pickled onions on avocado toast! I'm for anything that gets me to eat more pickled onions, and anything that gets me to eat more avocado, but it never occurred to me to combine the two.

Hillary said...

I'm glad ramen makes the injury easier to deal with! Ramen does make life easier. A picnic for one sounds like such a great day!

Sarah said...

Your avocado toast is gorgeous! I agree with everyone above, I'm glad that your amazing ramen can take the sting off of your injury and being sidelined for a bit. The picnic looks so amazing!!

Unknown said...

I’m so glad you can bike! I bike a lot and really enjoy it, hopefully you do too and your foot can fully heal in the meantime. Great idea to go for a picnic, that looks fantastic :))
I actually just watched a show on ramen where they were talking about adding a little toasted sesame oil to the bowl then the hot water and ramen to give it a more creamy mouthfeel.
Ttrockwood