Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Doughnuts & Pastries & Bowls!

Since I do these random meal "Stuff I Ate" round-ups several times a week, I think I'm going to stop calling them all "stuff I ate" and maybe just think of some better names. Does anybody even care? Ha! Probably not!

Anyway, as this post indicates, I've been eating some delicious sweets. Our Crosstown Arts cafe — the arts organization where I work — is opening to the public next week. And our pastry chef/baker has been hard at work perfecting her vegan baked goods. Last week, we had a staff meeting and she made Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts!!!!!!


The cafe staff also made all kinds of savory stuff for staff meeting. Vegan Grandma Pizza Slices, Pasta with Eggplant Alfredo, Salad, Collard Greens, & Sauteed Green Beans. I was stuffed after this meeting! It's hard to get any work done after a lunch like that!


Later that night, I needed something light for dinner so I had a salad with tofu and 365 oil-free garlic tahini dressing (my new fave).


More Crosstown Arts cafe pastries! We had Vegan Blueberry Danishes and Croissants today! The cafe isn't open to the public yet, but it has been open for staff as a sort of test run. This morning, I had a danish and an oat milk cappuccino. The danish was perfectly flaky and buttery. Perfect mid-morning pick-me-up.


Here's a Fire-Roasted Veggie Bowl that I ate for lunch one day last week. I had some leftover tempeh-veggie kabobs from grilling out. So I served the kabobs over quinoa amd steamed kale, topped with Breakfast Hummus (a noochy, spicy hummus) from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. One of the best bowls I've had in awhile! And I eat a lot of bowls.


I've also been enjoying that Breakfast Hummus on Toast for breakfast! Because it is breakfast hummus after all. With Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.


4 comments:

Hillary said...

I swear I learn about all this food I've never heard of! I just had to Google grandma pizza! Why have I never heard of this? And eggplant Alfredo sounds amazing!
I definitely nee to try the breakfast hummus!

Sarah said...

It's so funny that you said that in your first paragraph because I saw the title of this post and couldn't click fast enough! All of the yummy things! And the post delivered, everything looks so incredible! I still haven't had a vegan donut and I really need to change that! The danishes and croissants look incredible too, yum!

Diana @ VeggieNextDoor said...

Maybe for a title you could call each "I Ate...Doughnuts & Pastries & Bowls" with the part after "..." changing. Just an idea that kinda keeps the best of both worlds for labeling :)

Susan said...

I have never heard of a grandma pizza either!
The food all looks fantastic, but especially those danishes.