Friday, January 16, 2009

It's a Wrap

First, I wanna thank all of ya'll for your kind words and support about my stupid burglary situation. It really sucks, but your comments made me feel better.

Before all that crap happened, I made some awesome Breakfast Veggie, Fruit, & Nut Wraps:

I had extra Tofutti cream cheese lying around, and I wanted to eat in some way other than smeared on a bagel. So I did a little Google search for cream cheese ideas and stumbled on a recipe for kid's healthy breakfast wraps. I don't remember where I found it, and I really didn't use the recipe — just the idea — so I can't link to it. But the wraps were touted as a way to get kids to eat their fruits and veggies for breakfast.

I'd planned on using up some extra Food for Life Brown Rice tortillas, but discovered they were kinda moldy. Ick! So I made my own whole wheat tortillas using Jessy's recipe on HappyVeganFace. These were awesome and super easy to make. And it felt good knowing that I made my own tortillas.

The insides are stuffed with Tofutti cream cheese, shredded carrot, organic raisins, dried apples, and raw walnuts. These made me feel all healthy for the beginning of my day. And I think they'd also make a great pre-workout snack in the afternoon.

17 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looks DAAAAAAAMN good.

alaina said...

sounds like an amazing combination and a perfect use for tofutti! yum.

Gina said...

You are genius, that sounds awesome!!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good! I've been looking for more ways to use my tofutti and the tortilla recipe looks awesome! I can't wait to make them.

Laura said...

i didn't realize making your own tortillas was so easy! kewl beans!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

wraps with Tofutti are so good! It really helps the ingredients stay put. This is a great idea. And so impressive that you made your own tortillas!

Anonymous said...

Yummers! That looks so good - and healthy, too!

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

yummmmmmmmmm

Lovlie said...

That looks good! Just found your blog. Some nice recipes here.

Green Eyes, Green Heart said...

I wish I could win the lottery so I could buy you a new computer. :(

I bet those robb-y bastards eat meat, too, heehee! :)

Much love!
Erin

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

You made your own tortillas? Wow, that's really hard core, girl! I wish I wasn't so lazy so we could have homemade tortillas.

Anonymous said...

That looks like the perfect breakfast. And props on making your own tortillas!

jessy said...

i would have never thought to use tofutti in a wrap like that, Bianca! it sounds like such a great combination - totally gonna have to give this a try! we're so glad the tortilla recipe worked well for you! glad you enjoyed them - it makes us most happyfaced, indeed!

hope you had a rock'n weekend! :) and i'm looking forward to more delicious tester recipes soon! mmmmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Homemade tortillas? You go. They look yum.

VeganCowGirl said...

I love your wrap - and I lvoe that you made the tortilla yourself. Way to kick butt.
Isn't tofutti great? I adore it.

Anonymous said...

Love the making your own tortillas. Perhaps I'll give it a whirl. Hope things get figured out with the burglary. That is awful!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, yum! I just bought those brown rice wraps to try, I hope mine aren't moldy! eek.