Monday, January 22, 2024

Still Revitalizing!

Technically, I'm done with the two-week Plant You Revitalize plan, but I'm behind on posting pics. So I'll be sharing those in posts early this week. Now that it's over, I'm hoping to find better balance with whole foods and processed ones. Definitely planning to have an Impossible burger this week, and I'm working Daiya cheese back in to several meals. But my ideal day would be about 80% whole foods and 20% processed. And if I'm having a fake meat for dinner, I'd like to have a whole food breakfast and lunch, rather than a full day of fake meat. 

I do pretty good with that strategy for most of the year, but I tend to fall off in October (my birthday month) and just let things go through the holidays. January is a great time to get back on the 80/20 wagon!

Anyway, here's a Chocolate Almond Smoothie Bowl from Plant You Revitalize. I prefer smoothies to smoothie bowls because there's something weird about eating a cold smoothie with a spoon. But this was okay, and it had frozen cauliflower in it, so that was a sneaky way to get in some veggies.

I ate that bowl last Monday when a rare snowfall was in progress. So it definitely wasn't the most seasonally appropriate meal. And lunch that day was this Vegan Cobb Salad — also not very warming. But it was so good! It has tofu egg, which is made with nooch and black salt and baked in the oven. And the coolest part: rice paper bacon bits! You brush rice paper with a smoky marinade and then bake until crispy, and then you just crumble it up. Really good idea for bacon bits!

I did get a much more warming dinner that night: Minestrone with Banza alphabet pasta. This was loaded with veggies and perfect with a slice of sourdough bread.

Here's a not-so-pretty but very-tasty dinner from Tuesday: Spinach-Artichoke Pasta. Banza pasta was mixed with a creamy cashew-based spinach-artichoke sauce. Think spinach-artichoke dip, but mixed into pasta. I would definitely make this again!

No comments: