Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Fried Shroom Wings & Full Moon Snax

Last Saturday was a Memphis Hash House Harriers hashing day, which meant I spent several hours running through the city in the cold drizzle with about 20 of my friends. Afterward, I was very hungry, and the group was going to El Toro Loco to eat. But the vegan options there are few, and I JUST had their veggie burrito a couple weeks back. So I went home and ordered takeout from Shroomlicious instead. The Vegan "Honey" Garlic Pepper Wings were so fire!!! 

I love everything on Shroomlicious' menu, but if you can only try one thing, get the wings. They're so crispy and perfect. My leftovers were good as new in the air fryer the next day, too, and I added them to a Caesar salad. 

Here's a tasty meal from Tabitha Brown's Cooking by the SpiritPizza Bagels! For these, I used onion bagels topped with Field Roast sausage, olives, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, bell pepper, garlic, tomato sauce, and lots of Daiya cheese. Good stuff!

Some of us hashers have started getting together for full and new moons, and we're taking turns hosting. On Friday, it was my turn to host, so I made this spread of SriMu's vegan smoked cheeseball, SriMu's Imagine cheese wheel, vegan Boursin cheese spread, Field Roast sausage, crackers, grapes, and lots of little snackies. Only three of our group are vegan, but everything got devoured, so the vegan cheese was a hit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your January food posts are banging! Great way to start the new year! - Sri.