Thursday, January 18, 2024

More Meals from Plant You!

Since last Monday, I've been making recipes from Carleigh Bodrug's Plant You Revitalize e-book. It's a freebie when you order her new Scrappy Cooking book! I'm feeling good and working on trying to eat less ultra-processed foods (though I'm not giving them entirely!). Here are a few meals I made from the e-book last week.

This Orange Sesame Chickpea Stir-fry was simple and yummy. It had green beans, bell peppers, chickpeas, and a sesame-orange sauce. I don't think I've ever made a stir-fry with beans, but what a good idea! I typically use tofu or tempeh, but why not chickpeas?

These Crispy Black Bean Tacos weren't that pretty, but they were tasty! The beans were heavily seasoned, and then spread into tortillas with cashew cheese. And then they're baked in the oven until crisp. There's a vegan yogurt-based garlic dipping sauce on the side. 

The Baked General Tso's Cauliflower was SO GOOD. You dip cauli florets in a seasoned breadcrumb mixture and bake, then toss with a sweet and savory sauce, and then bake again. Also, I've noticed all of Carleigh's recipes call for white rice over brown rice (probably because of the arsenic issue), and I'm here for that. Love me some white rice.

And finally, here's the Meaty Jackfruit Pot Roast I made last weekend. I put the jackfruit, potatoes, carrots, onions, and broth in a slow cooker on Friday morning, and then cleaned my house and got groceries, and the pot roast was ready when I got home. I don't always love jackfruit, but it works well as a pot roast sub. This was really good with sourdough bread!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I have to say this is a reset I could get behind! Everything looks so yummy and hearty! What a fun way to try new recipes too. - Sri.