Monday, January 4, 2021

Happy 2021!

Happy New Year! And sorry again for the long absence. I guess I just needed a blogging break, but I'm back with a little New Year's Eve/Day post. Maynard would like to wish you a happy 2021! Let's hope things get a little bit better this year. 

Paul and I were invited to a very small, socially distanced New Year's Eve party at our friend Vaughan and Nicole's house. It was really lovely to be around people, even if they were across the room. We enjoyed a midnight champagne toast and visited for a bit before heading home to go to bed. Midnight is very late for me!

We slept in on New Year's Day and then had a lovely brunch. Paul made pancakes (from a mix) for himself, and I made a Vegan Omelet with Just Egg, vegan gouda, carrots, and spinach. On the side, I had some Be-Hive Seitan Bacon (locally made in Nashville) and toast with Miyoko's oat butter (my new obsession). And course, I had a mimosa! 

In the South, everyone must eat blackeyed peas and some kind of greens for good fortune and prosperity. In these crazy times, we aren't taking any chances! I usually make Hoppin' John, but this year, I changed it up and made my dad's recipe for Blackeyed Peas in the Instant Pot and a side of Fried Cabbage with Tofurky Sausage. We also made some cornbread from Cookin' Crunk.

Hope y'all are off to a great start for 2021! I've got some big goals this year. I want to do yoga every day this year, so I'm starting with the 30 Days of Yoga program from Yoga with Adriene. I also hope to finally run a 50K trail race (with people) this year. My 2020 50K was canceled, and I ran it anyway — solo. But I hope the race stays on the calendar this year! If it doesn't, I have a back-up plan to extend my training and run a solo 50-miler. Eeeek! Y'all, let's hope this race happens because 31 miles sounds better than 50, right? I also hope to maintain my 80/20 Plants eating goals (80% whole, 20% treats) as much as possible this year.  

No comments: