Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Cookies, Buns, & Blueberries!

Happy Mardi Gras! I'll have a full Fat Tuesday-themed post tomorrow, but for now, check out this adorable Mardi Gras Cookie I had on Saturday. Picked up from the LuLu's booth at the Cooper-Young Farmers Market.


I also picked up one of Lulu's Smoked Carrot & Cashew Cheddar Buns. I had this after Saturday's 13-miler on the Wolf River Greenway. Excellent car snack on the drive home!


Saturday was National Margarita Day so of course I made one! I always use the tried-and-true basic recipe from The Taco Cleanse cookbook — 2 oz tequila, 1 oz. triple sec, juice of one lime.


Kroger had big tubs of blueberries on sale, so on Sunday, Paul and I made Buckwheat Waffles and topped with lots of berries and banana before our Shelby Farms 10K trail race. Okay, I topped MINE with berries. Paul just smothered his with vegan butter and syrup. HA!


And on Monday, I had another Rip's Big Bowl for breakfast (Uncle Sam's wheat flakes, rolled oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, trail mix with almonds, chopped dates, blueberries, banana, and almond milk). I love these big nutrition-filled cereal bowls! You can do all kinds of variations, but here's one from the Plant-Strong website.


No comments: