Friday, January 3, 2020

New Year's Day 2020 Eats!

Happy New Year! We celebrated the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020 with two parties. The first was a house party at our friend Melissa & Anthony's house. It had a Roaring '20s theme so most of us dressed as flappers!


My friend Greg, who now lives in Kentucky, came to town for the occasion, and Paul was here over the holiday break. It's been awhile since I've had both of my boys together. After that house party, we headed to Black Lodge for a New Year's show by our favorite aristocrunk rappers, Lord T & Eloise!


Greg and I have long had a New Year's Day lunch tradition of ordering greasy Banh Xeo (Vietnamese rice flour omelets) from Pho Saigon. I hadn't really kept the tradition alive since he moved away, but we brought it back this year! These are stuffed with fried tofu and bean sprouts. They're soooooo good.


And finally, you HAVE to have the lucky New Year's Day meal of Hoppin' John for good fortune and good health in the new year! I made this with blackeyed peas, cabbage, turnip greens, vegan sausage, and tomatoes, served atop brown rice. Definitely the healthiest thing I've eaten in awhile!



1 comment:

Hillary said...

I love the roaring twenties theme, you all look so great!!!
Happy New Year Crunks!