Thursday, January 30, 2020

Health Made Simple for Athletes, Day 24

Another great day on the No Meat Athlete Health Made Simple meal plan! On the last Wednesday of each month, I host a Crosstown Run Crew meet-up after work, and we always run 3 miles. I had 5 miles on the training plan, so I decided to do 2 miles before work and the rest after. I snacked on a couple dates pre-run and then headed out for an easy couple miles. After my run, I had a banana. Then, a little later, I had this Raspberry Banana Protein Smoothie with Complement Protein powder (my bi-monthly protein powder shipment finally arrived!).


Morning snack was Whole Wheat Crackers with Sriracha Hummus.


And then lunch was a yummy leftovers plate from RP Tracks the night before. I had pita, hummus, veggies, and vegan ranch left, and I added the leftover baked falafel from a dinner last week. Love snacky plates!


My afternoon snack was a fruit bowl.


But since I was running 3 miles with Run Crew, I also had a Blueberry Muffin Larabar in the office before heading downstairs to meet the other runners.


We meet at 5:30 pm on the Crosstown Concourse plaza (join us on the last Wednesday each month if you're local!), run 3 miles through Crosstown, and end at a bar for post-run beers (or whatever you drink). This month, we met after at Next Door. I ordered a Wiseacre beer and some of their famous Kale Chips! These are NOT the healthiest kale chips because they're fried in oil, but they're soooooo tasty. Definitely a treat! This plan is mostly oil-free.


When I got home, it was pretty late, but luckily, I had my dinner already prepared. BBQ Portabella, Tahini Slaw (with added chickpeas for protein), and Air-fried Fries. I would have added bread to make this a proper sandwich, but I go to bed so early, and I wanted to eat a little lighter before bed.


2 comments:

Hillary said...

My two favorite types of meals are bowls and snacky plates!!
Your dinner looks really, really tasty. I like the idea of a tahini slaw!

Jennifer said...

I wonder what straight fried kale chips would taste like?!