Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Thai Tofu Pizza! Tostada! Salad Rolls! New Hair!

Late last week, I used a recipe that I found linked on the 80/20 Plants site to make this amazing Thai Tofu Pizza! It's topped with peanut butter sauce (instead of marinara), tofu, pineapple, carrots, scallions, and cilantro. For the crust, I used a pre-made Simple Truth Organic vegan pizza crust. I love these because they're cracker thin and mega-convenient. Here's the recipe on Foxes Love Lemons.


I grabbed a quick lunch from Juice Bar in Crosstown Concourse last Thursday. You can get a meal and juice there for $10! So I got Salad Rolls (stuffed with avocado, lettuce, and some other veggies) with peanut sauce and a Ginger Greens Juice.


I know I showed y'all a tostada last week, but here's another one! I ate a lot of Bean Tostadas last week, stuffed with mashed pintos and topped with lettuce, tomato, salsa, and avocado. For this one, I also topped with Chipotle Bitchin' Sauce (an awesome find at the Truck Patch health food store in my hometown). It's an almond-based sauce that's totally addictive.


I got all my hair chopped off last week, and I got highlights! We have a new salon, Hero & Sage, at Crosstown Concourse, and since I'd not had a haircut in three years (not even a trim!), I figured it was way past time. When you arrive, they offer beer or wine (or non-alcoholic beverages if that's your thing). My appointment was at 3:30 on a Wednesday. And look what beer I found — Memphis Made's 3:30 on a Wednesday fruit ale!!


Here's the new look. I like it!! It involves more styling than I'm used to, but it's so nice to have all that weight off my head.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hair is so cute! Love the color!

Susan said...

I love the new hair! It is great!
The food also is great. That Thai pizza is such a good idea.