Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Fresh Breads! Breakfast Tofu!

Last weekend, I finally made it downtown to the Memphis Farmers Market. First time this year! I used to ONLY go to this market cause it's the biggest with the widest selection of produce. But when Don started selling Lulu's Baked goods at the Cooper Young Market, I switched to that smaller one. But now he's selling at both markets! He has more loaves of bread downtown and more pastries at the CY market. But Saturday, I needed bread. And I got it!


Pictured here is my haul: Marbled Rye and Focaccia from Lulu's Baked, plus fresh tomatoes from Ripley, Tennessee and pickling cucumbers (my fave).

I've been enjoying that marbled rye for breakfast this week with Breakfast Tofu from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook and hummus.


Here's that same tofu one morning on store-bought whole wheat toast with mashed avocado and sriracha. Breakfast of champions.


I made the Orzo Pasta Salad from the first No Meat Athlete book (not the cookbook, the fitness book that has a few recipes) to take to a Summer Solstice gathering at my friend Pam's house. I had a little leftover so I enjoyed some with a side salad Saturday night. The pasta salad has orzo, avocado, cherry tomato, oregano, and a citrus dressing made some olive oil, orange juice, lemon zest, and minced shallots and garlic.


Finally, here's a yummy Tempeh Stir-fry I whipped up last week. Tempeh, cauliflower crumbles, broccoli, and mushrooms over brown rice. 



2 comments:

Susan said...

Everything Lulu's always looks so good!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, everything looks amazing! Your haul photo looks beautiful and that bread has me seriously drooling. The breakfast toasts look great, I need to have some avocado toast in my life soon. The pasta salad sounds delicious too!