Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Vegan Brats! Philly Wraps! Curry Tofu Salad!

RP Tracks, a college bar by the University of Memphis, has always been super vegan-friendly (even way back when I first went vegan in 2004!). They are, after all, the home of world-famous BBQ Tofu Nachos. But they just expanded their vegan options to include a few new menu items, including the Brat Wrecker (a Beyond Brat with black bean chili & onions, served with amazing fries). We had last month's Memphis Vegan Drinks meet-up there, and of course, I ordered the brat! It's buried under all that chili. The bun is a little too large for the Beyond Brat, but I'll never really complain about extra bread.


They've also added vegan ranch (made locally at Imagine Vegan Cafe!) for their buffalo tofu. I ordered a side of ranch for my fries! And they've got a new Tofu Tuesday deal where they offer a lemongrass tofu dish. Haven't tried that yet but can't wait.

One day last week, I had lunch in the cafe at Crosstown Arts (where I work), and I'd tried to order the philly wrap. But they were out of seitan steak. So I went with the Curry Tofu Salad instead. Love this creamy tofu with almonds and grapes.


The next day, I still needed my philly fix though. So I ordered the Philly Steak & Cheese Wrap and — yay! — they had seitan! This vegan cheesy seitan wrap with sauteed peppers is SO GOOD. Chef Raymond makes his own seitan, and it's to die for.


Here's a quick breakfast of Whole Wheat Bagel with Garlic Hummus & Sriracha, plus fresh berries and clementines.


And finally, here's a great Lemon Tahini Pasta with Veggies that I made last week using the lemon-tahini sauce from the No Meat Athlete Sauce System blog post. I mixed the sauce with Explore Cuisine Red Rice Pasta and sauteed squash, zucchini, bell pepper, garlic, chickpeas, and baby spinach. Very good and super simple.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow, yum!! That's so awesome that a college bar has been so vegan friendly for so long! The brat looks amazing and omg those fries! The breakfast bagel with fruit looks awesome, I can't wait for berry season! I'm glad you got your philly steak and cheese wrap, it looks amazing!

Unknown said...

That’s great to see the beyond brat on their menu! I was just reading about how burger king is testing the impossible burger- so exciting to see more veg options out there.
Seriously impressive the chef makes his own seitan, that’s so awesome it’s right there too. That tofu curry sounds good to me! I love dishes like that in warm weather.
Ttrockwood