Monday, April 8, 2019

Bowls & Biscuits!

I stopped by the Cooper Young Farmers Market on Saturday morning and picked up a Blackeyed Pea Sausage Biscuit from the Lulu's booth! Added some berry jam when I got home and devoured it. Perfection.


The special for Thursday at the cafe at Crosstown Arts, where I work, was the Southern Bowl!! So you know I had to order that. This had grits, fried cabbage, fried green tomatoes, and pickled okra. This was amazing.


I met up with Pam and Megan to celebrate the New Moon last week. I made Just Cookies (birthday cake flavor!) and some IKEA veggie balls (no pics), and Pam had Vegan Mandarin Chicken with Roasted Pineapple and some Treeline Cashew Cheese and Crackers.



Here's a Savory Oat Bowl from a few days ago. I used the savory oat recipe in The No Meat Athlete Cookbook with spinach, carrot, salsa, nooch, and toasted pumpkin seeds.


Speaking of the NMA Cookbook, I had several of these Lifesaving Bowls from the book last week. It's a blueprint recipe, meaning you can mix and match ingredients. The base is quinoa with any raw veggies you want (for me, that was zoodles, carrot, bell pepper, and red cabbage). It's topped with kraut and nooch. For some versions, I also used hummus and toasted sesame seed as a topper. But for this one, I used avocado, salsa, and toasted sunflower seeds. This is a fun twist on salad!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG it all looks so good! I seriously LOVE biscuits so much and it has been way too long since I've had one. I think it should be a project I tackle in the near future. The southern bowl looks awesome and I've always wanted to try grilled pineapple! That sounds like such a great combination!

Hillary said...

I really, really need to try savory oats. Yours always looks so amazing! Bowls are one of my favorite ways to eat!!