Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mystic Crystal Revelations!

I know most of my readers come here for food, not airy-fairy crystal hippie stuff. But I'm so excited about my Goddess Provisions Gem Show Box! And I want to share its contents with y'all. As you may know, I subscribe to the monthly Goddess Provisions box, a monthly goodie bag of crystals, candles, vegan makeup, chocolate, teas, bath stuff, and other fun, cruelty-free things to help you embrace your inner goddess. I always post an unpacking of that monthly box (you can find my February box post here).

But this month, Goddess Provisions offered its first limited edition, one-time-only box, and I just had to order that too! The company's founders Jill and John (the same folks who run Vegan Cuts) brought a ton of beautiful crystals back from the Tuscon Gem & Mineral Show, and they offered subscribers a chance to sign up for a box of random crystals. You didn't get to choose what you got, which made it more fun. I figured whatever crystals I needed would just be cosmically directed to end up at my house! My box arrived on Monday (the night of the full moon!). Here's what I got.


My very favorite piece is this big ole chunk of stilbite. It's from the zeolite silicate family, and it's associated with the heart and crown chakras. It's best used for reaching higher consciousness, feeling spiritual vibration, and practicing universal love. This baby has such amazing energy!


I'm also in love with this labradorite! I got my first piece of labradorite in a Goddess Provisions box a few months ago, but this hunk has more shiny, iridescent detail. Labradorite is associated with the crown and third eye chakras, and it's used for transformation, intuition, and strength. It can also help boost self-confidence and reduce anxiety.


I'm super-busy at work this week, working on a tight deadline for a story, and this lepidolite couldn't have come into my life at a better time. This sparkly, rough stone bring calming energy. It's also a great crystal for boosting love and friendship. It helps with awareness, transition, and balance (so needed this week!), and it goes with the crown, third eye, throat, and heart chakras.


Finally, there was a ton of quartz crystal in my box! I have quartz all over the house, practically in every room. But a girl can never have too much quartz. It's an amazingly useful stone. It amplifies and enhances the energy of other crystals, and it's got super healing and protective powers.


Goddess Provisions sold out of the limited gem show boxes really quickly, so I was lucky to get one! If you want to know more about the company and the monthly subscription boxes, check 'em out here. Okay, I promise to come back tomorrow with foods pics! Now I'm off to see the Dropkick Murphys at the New Daisy!

3 comments:

Susan said...

This is such a neat idea! I also think the right crystals will come to you at the right time, so signing up for a box like this would be so much fun.

Sarah said...

I LOVE this!! I'm so upset I missed it, I didn't even know they were doing this! The labradorite is GORGEOUS!! I'm a rock lover and one of my bucket list activities is to go gemstone prospecting. Very cool box to get!

Trixie said...

They are all so beautiful! I'd love to learn more about crystals.