Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stuff I Ate

I live to eat. Seriously. Like, when I'm eating breakfast, I'm thinking about my lunch. And when I'm eating lunch, I'm thinking about my afternoon dessert. And when I'm eating my afternoon dessert ... okay, you get it. But as much as I love food, not every dish gets its very own post. So here's a random hodgepodge of stuff I've been eating this month.

Omg, nachos!! I made Deconstructed Nachos for dinner a few nights last week. There's Beanfield's Sea Salt Bean & Rice Tortilla Chips, Let Thy Food Chedd'r Bac'n Dip (an Austin score!), Wholly Guacamole, salsa, and a mix of black beans, corn, and fresh tomato. 


I'm just loving the new boxed Daiya mac! Here's the Daiya Alfredo Cheezy Mac with Sauteed Kale. Mmmmm ... my favorite kind of dinner.


A couple Sundays ago, I had a giant lunch at Imagine Vegan Cafe with a BBQ sandwich, baked beans, fries, and cake (but I forgot to photograph everything!!). As you can imagine, I was stuffed. And when dinner time came around, the only thing that seemed right was a Big Ass Salad (romaine, cherry tomato from the garden, carrot, celery, radish, baked tofu, cauliflower, Wayfare Bacony Bits, and goddess dressing).


One night, I picked up my namesake sandwich — the Bianca Banh Mi — from Midtown Crossing for dinner. Yep, my neighborhood bar named a sandwich after me! It has red bean hummus, marinated tofu, homemade pickled veggies, cucumbers, jalapenos, and cilantro.


I'm still on a toast kick for breakfast. This is Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Sprouted Grain Toast with Earth Balance Cinnamon Culinary Spread & PB2.


And of course, more Avocado Toast!! This had nooch, black salt, and Yellowbird Habanero Sauce!


I'm back to running a couple days a week. Still having some runner's knee pain, but the physical therapist said it was okay to start walk/running as long as I'm doing my quad/glute exercises daily. And I am, so I've been trying some runs. And I always have smoothie after runs, so last week, I made several of these Carrot Turmeric Smoothies (mango, carrot, turmeric, almond milk, and vanilla Vega One).


Last Saturday, I went to Blue Nile, a new Ethiopian joint, for lunch with Stephanie and Pam (and then Cassi popped by for takeout). I got the Mesir Wat (spicy red lentil stew) with Greens and Beet Salad. So good!


And then on Saturday night, I stopped by Imagine Vegan Cafe to pick up a slice of Stephanie's delicious caramel pie. She'd delivered it there that morning to sell by the slice, and some customer came in and BOUGHT THE WHOLE DAMN PIE. Ooooooh, I was sad. But I got a Sheila Dog instead — veggie dog topped with vegan cheese sauce, coleslaw, sauerkraut, onions, and relish.


This week, I've been having Banh Mi Salad in a Jar for lunch every day!! The recipe came from Joanna Vaught and it was included in Vida Vegan Con cookzine that Amey Matthews of Vegan Eats & Treats organized. This has a creamy dressing on the bottom and then chickpeas, edamame, baked tofu, quick pickled veggies, red cabbage, and lettuce.


These are great to take to the office. I just dump it in a big salad bowl, and chow down at my desk!


Well, that's it! I'll get to work right away eating more stuff that I can show you. It's hard work, but somebody's gotta do it, right?

4 comments:

Susan said...

I am so sad I couldn't buy that bacon cheddar dip thing, but I didn't see it being a wise choice to transport back to Australia.

Anonymous said...

That smoothie sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am the same way! I am always thinking about what I am going to eat next!!
-Holly

Babette said...

Me too. Even if I'm totally stuffed, working hard to finish my plate, I can totally ask my bf what he'd like to eat for dinner the next day. And he can't tell, he's too full. While I can plan my food anytime.