Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

So I said I was going to post another review of a quinoa cookbook tonight. But that's because I forgot today was Labor Day, the official last day of summer. Okay, technically, summer is here until September 21st. But we all know summer is kinda dead after Labor Day, right?

My friend Greg and I decided to grill out on the last day of summer. We made tofu kabobs with cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, oyster mushrooms, and red onions. Here's Greg making a kabob and looking very uninterested, as he always is:


And here I am, looking very interested:


We basted some kabobs with vegan oyster sauce and some with BBQ sauce and sriracha, and then we tossed them on the charcoal grill:


I enjoyed an O'Fallen Kite Tail as we waited since today is the last day to enjoy summer seasonal beer. It's all stouts and Octoberfests after today:


And here are the kabobs, roasting on the grill:


I ate about four of these, as well as copious amounts of chips and salsa!

3 comments:

Babette said...

I didn't know you had Labor Day in the States too. Those kabobs look great!

Sheridan said...

Yay! Tasty looking kabobs! Where do you find vegan oyster sauce? Did I read that right?

Sheridan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.