Monday, December 4, 2023

Black Friday Best Friend Time!

I really meant to post this last week as a follow-up to my Thanksgiving post, but things just got really busy. From October through December is my crazy time, when it feels like there's something happening every night of the week. Anyone feel that this time of year? It always starts way before Christmas for me.

Anyway, on Black Friday, my 19-year veganaversary (!!!), my BFF Sheridan came to visit. She had been in Jonesboro (our hometown) for Thanksgiving, so she popped over to Memphis before heading home to Little Rock. Plant Based Heat was doing a Black Friday special on their Oyster Mushroom Burger, so we both got those to go. It was just $10 with a side of fries. And then we took them to Memphis Made Brewing to eat. The "burger" was really just deep-fried mushrooms on a bun, and it was really good!

After dinner, we headed to Cameo for cocktails. I got an excellent Old Fashioned. Cameo is the place to go in Memphis if you want a great cocktail.

Next up: Flip Side for pinball! 

The next day, we went to Lulu's Cafe and Bakery for breakfast before Sheridan went home. We both got the Breakfast Sammy with tofu egg, cashew cheese, and smoked red peppers on a made-in-house sourdough bun. It's a classic Lulu's item that's always on the menu. You can typically get it on a bun or bagel, but they were out of bagels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pics of you and Sheridan are my favorite. You guys always look so cute and happy 🥰 - Sri