Monday, December 18, 2023

Girl Dinner, Crunch Wrap, & the Best Vada

I've been slowly hoarding frozen vegan appetizers. Not on purpose. I just keep finding good stuff when I'm grocery shopping. But then I never know when to eat it. Seems like game day food, but our Memphis Grizzlies basketball games typically start at 7 p.m., which is past my usual dinner time. So, I decided to have an appetizer-filled girl dinner just because. To make it a little healthier, I made the Buffalo Cauliflower Wings from Plant You. These are wrapped with rice paper and baked in the oven, so you get a crispy chicken-like skin. And the rest of the plate had Wholly Veggie's Cheddar Style JalapeƱo Sticks, Amy's Vegan Pizza Rolls, and Morningstar Farms Pringle Chicken Fries. Yum!

Shroomlicious, the Memphis vegan mushroom takeout spot, has a Crunch Wrap on the menu that puts Taco Bell to shame. It has a mushroom meat stuffing with vegan cheese and taco sauce, and it's very messy. And very, very good!

One day a couple weeks back after a lot of indulgence, I made this Kitchari from a Plant Strong recipe. It had brown rice instead of the usual white rice, so it felt extra healthy.

And speaking of Indian food, I was out near the Hacks Cross Road area, where all the good Indian food in Memphis is, so I stopped into Mayuri for some to-go Vada with Chile and Onion. This wasn't the traditional vada on the menu but rather a variation stuffed with veggies, and it was so good with hot sauce and coconut chutney. Vada is my very favorite Indian snack!

No comments: