Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas Recap!

On Christmas Eve, Paul and I each went to our respective parents' houses — his in Nashville, mine in Arkansas. I got there just in time for Christmas Eve dinner, which was Vegan Chicken & Dumplins with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans. 


We don't have a traditional meal every year for Christmas Eve. It's just whatever my mom wants to cook, but I love her dumplins so much! And I was very excited for this meal!

Here's a family photo by the lake.

What is traditional for us is Christmas breakfast. When my Granny was alive, my dad's side of the family (plus, my Me-maw; that's mama's mom) would gather at her house, and she'd make a big ole breakfast. She always burned the biscuits. That was a tradition, too! Since she died, my mom has taken up the breakfast tradition, though it's just the three of us now. Me-maw is still around, but she lives an hour away from my parents now. 

This year, Christmas Breakfast looked like this. 

There seems to be a national Just Egg shortage, and my mom and I couldn't find the bottled eggs anywhere. I did find the folded egg patties in Memphis though, so I brought those for us to have. They're good, but I still prefer the bottled kind for meals like this and the folded for sandwiches, but having them was better than nothing. We also had biscuits and gravy, Impossible sausage biscuits, Field Roast sausages, and hash browns.

After breakfast, we opened presents. I got a bidet! And then I headed back to Memphis. Paul got home around 6 p.m.-ish, and then we opened gifts with each other and the pets. Check out this Funko Pop that I had made to look like Paul!

Maynard got new chew toys and this Nylabone that he hasn't touched since he opened it. Ha!

I hope you had a merry Xmas!

1 comment:

Vegkat said...

Love that Funko Pop! All that food looks very tasty. Happy New Year and thank you for all your posts!