Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Plant You Holiday Cooking!

Plant You author Carleigh Bodrug has a new book coming out in April, Scrappy Cooking, that's focused on sustainable meals and Earth-friendly recipes that make use of things we would otherwise throw out. I love her Scrappy Cooking video series, so I preordered this immediately. And with that preorder came lots of bonuses. She sent several e-books, and a couple weeks back, there was a live holiday cooking class.

I didn't attend the live, but it was recorded, so I had my own cooking class from the video a few days later. She sent recipes for holiday meals, and then we cooked along with her. It was fun! I made this Meaty Wellington, which was stuffed with seasoned lentils and mushrooms. The whole thing was wrapped in flaky phyllo. This would be a lovely holiday centerpiece!

On the side, we made the best Au Gratin Potatoes. The key to these was slicing very thinly on a mandolin. The cheese sauce was nooch- and cashew-based and very creamy.

And for dessert, we made a Mud Pie. This was a basic tofu chocolate mousse pie, and it was very rich. I would probably serve with vegan whipped cream if I made this again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love plant you.