Monday, November 27, 2023

Thanksgiving Eats!

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post. Last week was just extra busy with the holiday (and all the work that had to be done before the holiday since I'd be off work for a few days). On Thanksgiving, Paul and I went to my me-maw's house in Arkansas. And my parents met us there, too. Her house is about halfway for both my parents (coming from north Arkansas) and Paul and I (coming from Memphis.)

My mom made most of the meal: Tofurky, her famous dressing, hash brown casserole, and coleslaw. I brought homemade sourdough rolls, roasted brussels and acorn squash, and cranberry sauce. And me-maw made the corn and green beans. 

I love, love, love Thanksgiving because these are my favorite foods. Casseroles! Fake meat! Yes! I enjoyed this gigantic plate but somehow saved room for dessert.

That dessert was vegan chocolate lasagna! I'd never had this before, but I want my mom to make it again and again. It had a base of Oreos and was topped with vegan chocolate pudding and whipped cream. This may have trumped banana pudding to become my favorite dessert.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly vegan chocolate lasagna!!!! I have to try this. Wow all your food looks great but that dessert is next level! - Sri.

Susan said...

Chocolate lasagne sounds incredible!

Jenny said...

Okay WHAT. Chocolate lasagna??? Whoa. I know I'm late commenting but I realized I never read your Thanksgiving post, and I always love to see your holiday celebrations! Looks like it was fun and delicious.