Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Vuture Food Pop-up

California-based food truck Vuture Food started as just that — a small food truck. But they've since grown to three teams that travel all over the U.S. to sell what they call "savory Junk Food" with a capital J and a capital F. Life is all about balance, and there's a place for Junk Food in everyone's life, I believe. We have to keep the body healthy, sure, but without the mental health boost that comes from indulgence, life would be no fun. 

Vuture stops in Memphis about once a year, and I missed them last year. So I made sure to get to Grind City Brewing Co. to try their stuff when they were here last week! I went with the Mango Habanero Chick'n Sandwich, a thick, fried patty covered in a sticky-sweet-spicy sauce. It wasn't over spicy though, just right. And great paired with a summery lemonade shandy from the brewery.

I also got a side of fries. And they were PERFECT. I love the extra-crispy fries that have been in the fryer a little too long. Gosh, I had a hard time stopping when I was full. 

It was a very hot summer day, so I sat inside (even though Grind City has an amazing outdoor space). And I ran into so many Memphis vegans whom I hadn't seen in years! This pop-up really pulled everyone out of the woodwork. Lucky for me, I got there right as the pop-up started, because just about 30 minutes after I got home, the sunny day had quickly turned into a severe summer storm that knocked out power for much of the city (not my house, thankfully). But I heard from some people that Vuture had to close early because they were set up outside. Damn.

Vuture literally goes all over the country! Check out their travel schedule to see if they're in your area soon. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This sounds amazing, and I'm glad you got there early. I would have been REALLY upset if I went and found them closed early because of a storm!!!