Thursday, July 13, 2023

Tempeh Tacos, Butter Chickpeas, and Salad Time!

When my friend Greg was in town last week, we did a lot of eating. And I shared most of that in this post. But I forgot to share this delicious pic of our Pho Binh takeout. This is the Chinese Vegetable stir-fry and Tofu Spring Rolls. Pho Binh is our favorite Vietnamese place, and we always go there on the first night Greg is in town. Also, they give you so much food, so we ate on it for days.


I’ve been on a probiotic foods kick lately, so I’m trying to eat tempeh weekly. Last week, I made Tempeh Tacos using some Siete tortilla shells that I got on clearance at Sprouts. They’re grain-free, and I love grains. But these were good. I usually make tacos with soft corn tortillas, so this was a nice change.


Here’s a tasty dinner of Butter Chickpeas from Plant You with baked Pakoras from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. I have been cooking from Plant You a lot lately. Carleigh’s stuff is just so tasty — without oil! Her recipes always blow me away.


I’ve also been on a salad kick. Because it’s hot outside! But I’ve been trying to change up my salad game with less traditional salads. This Tempeh Co-op Salad from the No Meat Athlete book (not the cookbook, but the original book that has a few recipes) was really cooling. It has cubed tempeh, onion, carrots, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, and a vegan mayo-based dressing. 


I’m a Yoga with Adriene Find What Feels Good member, and a few weeks ago, she posted a video of hereslf making the People’s Pharmacy Kale Salad from the Austin-based pharmacy where she lives. It looked really good, so I got the ingredients and made the salad while watching the video. It has grapes for a little sweetness and quinoa and sunflower seeds for protein. 


3 comments:

Gina said...

Tempeh Tacos: yes! Tempeh, pulsed in the processor with an onion and a chili or two, makes a great taco filling (with plenty of spices and herbs). Glad you mentioned it.

Butter Chickpeas: At work we have a colleague who makes Butter Chicken by order, and I have asked for Butter Chickpeas. We were discussing an order this week! I will make my own--thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for your thoughtful, interesting, fun posts. Much appreciated.

Ashlee Rolfson said...

Thank you for sharing your anniversary celebration with us and spreading the joy of vegan cuisine!
https://www.frugalishness.com/promotions/all-stores

Barbara Nimmo said...

Wishing you both many more happy years together and many more scrumptious vegan meals to savor!
https://www.promocodehq.com/blog/