Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Family Meals: Mushrooms and Sushi!

A few weeks ago, Paul and I took a trip to Nashville to visit his family. His aunt was visiting from The Netherlands, and he hadn't seen her in years. So my mom came down to Memphis to house sit while we were gone. She arrived a little early, while Paul was still at work. So she and I picked up takeout from Shroomlicious Meals and brought it to Grind City Brewing Co. to enjoy.

I got the Korean Bulgogi Sandwich, which had crispy, fried oyster mushrooms with a Korean sweet-spicy sauce, and it was AMAZING. Everything I've had from Shroomlicious has been great, but anything involving their fried mushrooms has been the best.

I also got Potato Wedges on the side because they're fire.

Paul and I headed to Nashville after he got off work, and it was too late for dinner with his family. But we got in a nice lunch at Koi Hibachi in Gallatin. It was a typical hibachi place where they cook in front of you, and though they had a veggie hibachi option, I figured it was cooked in butter and on the same grill as the meat. And I was right. Now, I know a lot of restaurants cook vegan food on the same grill as meat, but I don't want to see happening in front of me. I'd rather not know! And the butter was a deal breaker.

So I opted for Veggie Sushi and an Avocado Roll to be safe. It'd been a while since I've ordered sushi, so this was nice.

Here's a family pic after lunch with Paul, his parents, and his Aunt Coby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Paul is a carbon copy of his dad! Looks like a fun trip. - Sri.