Monday, May 1, 2023

Pancakes, Avo Toast, and the Best-ever Smoked Tofu Sammich

I'm back with a random food round-up, and I'm way behind on these. I ate these meals quite a while ago! Here's some Sunday Pancakes with almond Reddi Whip and Vegan Sausage. These days, two weeks out from my 50-mile race, I don't get many pancake Sundays. It's always get up, eat a light snack, run, drink a smoothie. Every Sunday. I'm ready for this training block to be over!

This was a very tasty Avocado Toast with Tofu Eggs and kimchi. The recipe is from The Fiber Fueled Cookbook.

And here's another recipe from that book, but I can't remember what it was called. It was basically harissa white beans on toast. It called for harissa paste, but I only had harissa spice. So this was a little dry.

A few weeks back, Lulu's had the best-ever Smoked Tofu Sandwich. The tofu was thinly sliced, so it had the look and texture of deli meat, and it was served on Lulu's home-baked sourdough. I still dream of this sandwich.

I enjoyed it with a side of hearty Cabbage Soup, which was awesome on a chilly day.

And I grabbed a Vegan Concha bun to go. This was my first time trying the Mexican pastry, and it was good. Just a lovely sweet bun. 


1 comment:

Jenny said...

So is your race this weekend? I can't wait to hear all about it!!! I'm trying to pick a race for next year, and one of the options is a 50 miler- but I'm not sure if I'll be up for that yet. So I want to hear all about yours- maybe it will help me decide.
Those pancakes look amazing- and I want that tofu sandwich.