Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Blue Zones Minestrone, Pad Thai, and "Pork" Dumplings

I'm still catching up with some older food pics! Here's a very tasty Crispy Tempeh Bowl from the Fiber Fueled Cookbook with steamed kale, broccoli, brown rice, and a lemon-tahini sauce. A classic grain, green, bean combo!


The Herbed Lentil Minestrone from the Blue Zones Cookbook is one of the best soups I've had. It's loaded with barley, which I love. And there's lentils, chickpeas, fennel, potatoes (I used purple ones), and sundried tomatoes. It's a Sardinian recipe best enjoyed with chunks of sourdough.


This is the Plant-packed Pad Thai from Plant You. Recipes in this book just keep impressing me! It's oil-free, and I do like to use oil these days. But the dishes are so full of flavor, you'd never know they were oil-free. Will make this again!


Here's a quick weeknight Soy Curl Stir-fry with broccoli and carrots over quinoa. When I don't have much to cook, I typically make a stir-fry. And quinoa cooks more quickly than brown rice.


I had that stir-fry with these Hungry Planet Vegan Pork Gyoza that I got on closeout at Sprouts. They've had a lot of plant meats on closeout lately, which concerns me. But I was happy to stock up on the cheap. My deep freezer is filled with all kinds of stuff that was on sale for $2!


Alright, I leave town tomorrow for my first 50-mile race! So, I'll check in some time next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK 🍀 - Sri

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!😁

Jenny said...

Okay, I just got caught up and realized your race must have been yesterday! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! I hope it went well, and that you were able to relax with some delicious pancakes this morning.