Thursday, May 18, 2023

Mama Crunk Turns 69!

My mom's birthday was May 4, but I've been so behind in posting that I never posted a recap. I had plans to go to the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis on her birthday weekend, and my 50-mile race was the weekend of Mother's Day. So I visited my parents the last weekend in April to celebrate both her birthday and Mother's Day.

She got lot of presents since it was a double holiday! I got her a few things (a shirt, some aluminum cups, and beer bread mix) at the Budweiser gift shop when we toured the brewery HQ in St. Louis, and I got her some wine and tequila seltzers. Paul got her a nice bottle of vodka. Buying for my mom is easy! 

For birthday dinner, we had my mom's favorite cuisine — Tex-Mex! My parents made Veggie Fajitas in the oven with lots of bell pepper, mushrooms, squash, and other veggies. My dad made the best Spanish rice, and mama made seasoned black beans in the Crock Pot. Plus, we had fresh pico and guacamole. A perfect dinner!

I wasn't drinking for a full month leading up to my 50-miler, so I had a zero-proof margarita, while my parents enjoyed real ones. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mamma Crunk! What an awesome bday meal 😋 -Sri

Susan said...

Happy birthday to your mum!

Sarah said...

Ahhhhhh hiiii! Long time no see! And Happy Birthday Mama Crunk! What a fun celebration :)