Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Soup Season! Plus, Trader Joe's Treasures!

A few weeks back, my friend Nichelle hosted a vegan soup swap, and we all went home with seven different soups, all packed up and ready for the deep freezer. It's so nice to have awesome soups ready for quick week night dinners! Last week, I enjoyed Nichelle's contribution — Spicy Peanut Sweet Potato Soup. She even sent us home with baggies of peanuts for garnish. I also added cilantro and sriracha.


Stephanie made a hearty Black Bean Soup that was perfect with avocado, crushed corn chips, and cashew cheese. I had a salad with cashew ranch on the side. 


That cashew cheese is the Trader Joe's Cashew Fiesta Dip! I finally made the trek out to TJ's in Germantown again last Friday (it'd been awhile) and picked up this amazing dip made from cashews and potatoes. I'm also loving the TJ's Chunky Olive Hummus.


Here's a not-so-attractive-yet-delicious Tofu Veggie Stir-fry made with whatever I could find in my fridge. I had some leftover hoisin tofu from Barb's ramen dish last week, so I water-sauteed that with spinach, carrots, frozen peas, and bell pepper, served over quinoa. Made for an easy and healthy work lunch.


Last week, I had a number of Tofu BLTAs for work lunches. I made some tofu bacon by marinating 'fu in liquid smoke, soy sauce, and maple, then baking it. Served on whole wheat with vegan mayo, tomato, lettuce, and avocado. On the side I had some From the Ground Up Cauliflower Tortilla Chips. These vegan nacho chips are made with cassava and cauliflower! They're good!


2 comments:

Hillary said...

The black bean soup looks so delicious and beautiful with the avocado and cashew cheese!!
I need to try the olive hummus. I love olive hummus, and Trader Joe's makes some great hummus!!
I love tofu blta sandwiches!!!

Susan said...

BLTAs are the best, I love making them, and I love eating them.
The soup swap seems to be the gift that keeps on giving, such a great idea.