Thursday, September 5, 2019

80/20 Plants Snack Week!

For the past week and a half, I've been easing into the 80/20 Plants program — a plant-based meal program that encourages you to eat 80% whole foods and 20% whatever else you want (plant meats, desserts, oils, and other processed foods). I love a good reset plan, and after all the crap I've eaten lately, I needed one.

80/20 Plants, which is affiliated with No Meat Athlete, is currently in a test phase, so I joined on as a guinea pig. I'm supposed to try the plan and give feedback so it can be improved before it's released to the public. Last week, we switched over our breakfasts to whole food, plant-based breakfasts, so I've been having smoothies and oats every day for the past couple weeks.

This week is snack week! And we're encouraged to eat fresh fruit and veggie-based snacks. They provide sample recipes, and I used one of those for Buffalo Cashew Ranch to make a yummy veggie dip.


I've been snacking on that all week. I also made a batch of their Roasted Garlic Hummus to eat with brown rice crackers and raw veggies. Perfect snacks for home or my desk.


And I'm trying to eat a bowl of Mixed Fruit daily. I get lots of fruit in my smoothies, but I find the NMA-affiliated healthy eating plans are very fruit-heavy (and I like that!). So I'm having additional fruit in the afternoons. This week, that's been some version of peaches, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, kiwis, mango, and apples. Luckily, Sprouts has cheap prices on fresh fruit!


Next week, we'll be focusing on switching up our lunches!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

It really looks like this is an enjoyable and healthy reset!! Hummus with rice crackers and veggies is one of my favorite snacks!!!
Sprouts has the best deals on produce!!!!

Sarah said...

Oooh these are great snack ideas! I always love fruit as a snack and the dip sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing this journey, I'm getting some great ideas from you!

Unknown said...

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing the 80/20 plants lifestyle:) SO happy you're loving it.
Jules (see you in the next 80/20 vid;)