Thursday, June 21, 2018

More Stuff I Ate

Back again with more random meals (and expect more posts like this next week!).

This plate of deliciousness came from Krewe of Deja Vu, the new name for the old Deja Vu Creole & Vegetarian Restaurant. Deja Vu moved from Front Street back to its original location on Florida Street (which Memphis vegans will recognize as the former home of Pink Diva Cupcakery). Susan and I checked out the new (old) place for lunch last week. I got the Teriyaki Tofu with Collard Greens and Smothered Okra. Vegans, never fear — the name and location have changed; the menu has not. Still the same amazing vegan soul food options.


After lunch, Susan and I grabbed some ice cream from downtown's Margie's 901. She'd been there earlier in the week and discovered they had vegan ice cream! This is a regular dairy-filled ice cream joint, so I was super impressed that they had Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream. When you order there, you get one mix-in, so I chose almonds. Perfection!


I've been doing fairly well on my mission to eat oil-free, veggie-based meals most of the time (except for the occasional fried tofu!!!). But I'm struggling with sugar these days thanks to Maria, who works at our soon-to-open plant-based cafe at Crosstown Arts (where I work). Maria has been testing vegan desserts on the office almost daily! Which is awesome and also hard! Twice this week, she's made Vegan Pop-Tarts (today, she made chocolate cookies). These were Blueberry Thyme Pop-Tarts. I feel like I have to sample everything (for work, you know).


Here's a Savory Oat Breakfast Bowl from last week. The steel cut oats are seasoned with nooch and garlic powder, topped with sauteed mushrooms and seitan bacon. And sriracha!


And finally, here's a snack-sized bag of Himalayan Salt & Apple Cider Vinegar Paleo Puffs! These were in my June Goddess Provisions box. I've slacked on my Goddess Provisions posts, but I'm still loving these monthly boxes. These puffs were AMAZING!


Have a great weekend! I'll check back in with more meals on Sunday. 

4 comments:

Susan said...

It all looks so great! The teriyaki tofu always appeals to me.
It is very hard to have to eat all those sweet treats for science and for work, but I believe in you. ;)

Sarah said...

Oooh it all looks so good! Blueberry thyme pop tarts sound amazing and they look so beautiful! The teriyaki tofu from Krewe of Deja Vu looks so incredible and vegan pistachio ice cream! Yes please!

Unknown said...

That teriyaki tofu looks so good! And what a great find on the ice cream, i love when regular ice cream shops have vegan options too- kind of makes me feel like they’re finally paying attention to dairy free customers!
And free vegan baked goods are just something mere mortals can’t refuse....
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

Blueberry thyme pop tarts sound amazing! And they look gorgeous! I am scared of savory oats for some reason but every time I see yours I feel like I need to try them!