Monday, October 2, 2017

Stuff I Ate

Just before Paul and I left for Imagine Music Festival in Atlanta, I had a couple meals back to back at Midtown Crossing Grill. I had dinner there during a Crosstown Memphis CDC meeting (a nonprofit org that I serve as secretary for). On that night, I got my namesake sandwich — the Bianca Banh Mi (a tofu banh mi with hummus and pickled veggies).


And then, a couple nights later, my parents and I dined there when they came by to pick up the squirrels and my oldest cat Akasha. They squirrel/cat-sat while we were out of town! That night, I got the Greek Hummus Flatbread with cucumber, radish, kalamata olives, and arugula. This is one of the ONLY ways I'll eat arugula.


Here's another sandwich! The night after we returned from Atlanta, we went to Mellow Mushroom for Vegan Drinks. I typically always get vegan pizza there, so I branched out with a Tempeh Hoagie. Sadly, whoever was working the kitchen was totally skimpy on ingredients. They only put two cubes of tempeh on this hoagie. WTF? Anyway, still tasty even though it was mostly just peppers and onions. I would have complained, but they messed up on so many orders that night that I hated to add to the list.


The morning after the Memphis Flyer Best of Memphis party last week (it's always on a Wednesday night), I needed an extra kickstart to make it through the morning. I got a large coffee from French Truck Coffee in the Crosstown Concourse and paired that with a Hangover Helper Shot from Juice Bar Crosstown. The shot has coconut water, lemon, and activated charcoal, and it really helps!


That same morning, I popped into Curb Market (also in Concourse) for something, and I saw they had Tofu Stir-fry on the hot bar. I was impressed with the large chunks of tofu, and even though I had other plans for lunch, I couldn't resist. I got the stir-fry, as well as some sauteed squash and the marinated coleslaw. I took that back to my desk and ate lunch while getting some work done.


More random meals tomorrow!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum, everything looks delicious! The sandwiches look very yummy but too bad about the lack of tempeh. That's always disappointing when they are skimpy on the ingredients. The stir fry looks great as well! I'm a sucker for a good tofu stir fry.

Hillary said...

I won't eat arugula myself. The flatbread pizza does look delicious though! It's been far too long since I've had a banh mi too!
Sorry about the skimpy hoagie. Maybe the person was new? Hopefully next time you'll get double!

Barb said...

I could eat that banh mi every day for the rest of the year and not get sick of it, it look so good!

Susan said...

I love the look of that tofu stir-fry.
How disappointing about the tempeh in the hoagie. Sounds like they were having a not good kitchen day in general.

Unknown said...

That is such an awesome sandwich to have with your name on it- literally! Too bad those mellow mushroom people were so off their game that night, it sounds like it could be a great sandwich combo.
I love arugala! How could you not like arugala?? It does make a tasty topping for pizzas, and i like it on sandwiches but it's not good for cooking with.
Ttrockwood

Jennifer said...

Only two chunks of tempeh! Sounds like it was just an awful night there. Maybe someone called out sick/didn't show up?