Sunday, October 22, 2017

Stuff I Ate: Breakfast Edition

Here's some stuff I've been eating for breakfast lately!

I've been getting a little bored with having FitQuick protein waffles all the time, so I've gone back to some old FitQuick recipes that I first heard about on the now-defunct Rise & Resist podcast. One was for a FitQuick coffee cake, and I used that to make a Raspberry Chocolate FitQuick Coffee Cake. Yummy way to get 22 grams of post-run protein! Here's the recipe.


I also went back and found the instructions for a FitQuick mug cake that I also heard about on that podcast. It's super-simple. You just cook the FitQuick batter in a mug in the microwave. This is an Orange Dream Bar FitQuick Mug Cake with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting. Here's that recipe! Also, can we talk about how gigantic these blackberries are??


I finally bought some more Marmite so I could make one of my fave breakfasts — Marmite Cottage Cheese Toast. I made the Tofu Cottage Cheese recipe from Cookin' Crunk, but basically, it's just plain, crumbled tofu with plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt and a little vegan mayo.


I've also been eating lots of Dave's Bagels! I'll never get tired of bagels. These are his Italian Herb Bagels, one half with vegan cream cheese and the other with hummus. Both have Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.


And finally, here's a fun breakfast that I picked up at Crosstown Concourse one morning after my weightlifting class at the YMCA. It's the We Got the Beet Juice from Juice Bar and the Avocado Toast from French Truck Coffee. I got everything to go and ate it at home while I got ready for work.


4 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Marmite cottage cheese toast sounds like absolute perfection.

Hillary said...

I need to try your cottage cheese recipe, I used to really love cottage cheese.And cottage cheese on toast with marmite sounds AHMAZING!!

Brenda said...

So jealous of those blackberries, they look awesome.

Unknown said...

I forgot all about that tofu cottage cheese recipe! Note to self: make it again ASAP. I remember it was great as a not sweet breakfast option.
Beet juice is sooo good but i hate making it myself since i inevitably manage to stain something... and somehow the yellow beets just aren't as earthy flavored.
Ttrockwood