Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Even More Stuff I Ate

I'm back with one last round (for now) of random meals I ate. We'll start with this awesome bowl of Better Than Takeout Curry from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. After a week-long birthday gorgefest, it was nice to eat something wholesome and light. This has a base of red lentils, plus mushrooms, cauliflower, bell pepper, carrots, and sweet and white potatoes. The recipe is a "blueprint," meaning they simply suggest certain things to add. I love all the blueprints in this cookbook!


Yesterday's lunch was a quick Boca Chick'n Patty with Daiya Cheddar and a side of Air-fried Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with Ranch. For the cauliflower, I just tossed the florets with olive oil and hot sauce and then air-fried on 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Easy peasy!


Last Friday, our office brought in some food from the Curb Market deli —our grocery store in Crosstown Concourse. There were Veggie Hummus Wraps, a Pasta Salad, and Fresh Melon. Yay for vegan catered lunches!


This morning, I made some post-run FitQuick Lemon Poppyseed Protein Pancakes with Blueberries & Maple. Plus a side of quick Tofu Bacon (tofu marinated in soy sauce and liquid smoke and then pan-fried).


This past weekend was the annual Festival of Souls, a pagan Samhain festival at Meeman-Shelby Forest Park on the outskirts of north Memphis. They always provide vegan (and gluten-free) meal options. It's a three-day fest, but I only ever go one day each year because it's hard to get away for a full weekend. This year, I went on Saturday. For lunch, we had Vegan Pumpkin Gnocchi with Kale. THIS IS SO GOOD. The chef, Cyn, makes it every year, and it goes super-quick. The non-vegans love this too.


And Cyn also made grilled cheeses for lunch. She made me two very buttery (YAY!) Vegan Grilled Cheeses with Daiya. I LOVE Cyn's grilled cheeses because they're an excuse for me to eat white bread, which I rarely buy at home. And she doesn't hold back on the butter.


For dinner on Saturday, she made a Vegan Tofu & Eggplant Curry with Rice, Brown Sugar Carrots, Sauteed Kale, & Vegan/Gluten-Free Naan. Plus, there were (not pictured) Lentils that I got on my plate of seconds.


That's it for random meals. I'll be back tomorrow with some very adorable squirrel pics!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Everything looks amazing, as always! I'm especially jealous of the grilled cheese and that gnocchi! Lemon Poppyseed pancakes sound so good too. Blueberries are a perfect addition.

Hillary said...

The gnocchi look so delicious! And extra buttery grilled cheese on white? Yes please!

Jennifer said...

YUP! I would eat each and every thing you mentioned here!!! YUMMA!!!

Susan said...

That is some great food to get at a festival! I love that she makes vegan grilled cheese.