Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Stuff I Ate

Wow. It's been way too long since I've done one of these Stuff I Ate posts! So here ya go. And expect more pics tomorrow.

Going WAY back to, like, late May, here's a pic of an amazing BBQ Sandwich I ate. I picked up this seitan-based BBQ by No Evil Foods (a small vegan meat company based out of Asheville, North Carolina) at the Nashville VegFest. It's called Pit Boss, and it is soooooo good! I made a quick coleslaw with red cabbage and Vegenaise.


Memphis FINALLY got the Beyond Meat Beyond Burger at our Whole Foods! I'd tried it once before after finding the burgers on sale in Little Rock, but it took them longer to get it stocked in Tennessee stores for some reason. Pam picked me up a package over the weekend when she was out east. I made these for dinner for me and Paul on Monday night, and Paul loved them! He eats meat, but he said these burgers were amazing. I completely agree. There is no better burger. We had our burgers with air-fried "roasted" garlic potatoes.


Hey look, it's a bagel! By Dave's Bagel's of course. This was a Cajun Bagel with Vegan Cream Cheese and Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning (thanks Sarah for gifting me the salt!!).


Here's a quick thrown together meal that I made to use up some leftover peanut sauce. Sauteed Soy Curls over Kale and Brown Rice, topped with peanut sauce. Mmmm.


And quick Vegan Cashew Cheese & Bean Quesadilla that I made to use up some not-so-great black rice tortilla wraps by Ezekiel. I love most of Ezekiel's products, but these gluten-free wraps are not my fave. The flavor and texture is okay, but they don't hold together for a wrap. I bought these for breakfast burritos, and went through three before I gave up on using them for burritos. Sadly, I've learned this lesson about these wraps before and still tried again. Anyway, they tear every time. But they're decent for use in a quesadilla since there's less folding involved. For this, I used leftover Easy Cashew Cheese from Aine Carlin's book, some leftover white beans, and some sauteed kale, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Salsa verde for dipping and a side salad.


I also used some leftover Easy Cashew Cheese to make this grilled cheese for lunch yesterday. Served with quick and easy frozen Thai Coconut Soup by Smart Soup. The Smart Soups were on closeout at Kroger for $2 a piece, so I bought a few boxes. This stuff is really good! The Thai soup is loaded with crunchy veggies, like celery, carrots, and baby corn, and the broth is made with coconut water.


A quick post-run breakfast — Lenny & Larry's Peanut Butter Protein Cookie, Almond Milk, and a Banana.


And another breakfast — a failed Vegan Omelet made with Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg, kale, nooch, and peppers. Served with sprouted grain toast. I usually make beautiful omelets with Vegan Egg, but I tried to flip this one a little too soon. Oh well! Tasted amazing!


More pics tomorrow!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I seriously miss sandwiches sooooo much!!
A Cajun bagel sounds so great! I still haven't tried the everything bagel seasoning. Trader Joe's is sold out of it a lot.
I haven't tried to make a vegan omelette yet, but that is how my non vegan omelettes used to look! But like you said they tasted great!
That's so cool that Paul liked the burgers. I always like to hear what the non vegans think.

Amber said...

This is all vegan??? OMG i cant believe...it looks so gooooooooood! I just became a vegan and i'm looking for vegan recipes. Your blog is amazing xxx

I make amber necklaces - http://www.babyamberteething.co.uk/

Sarah said...

Oooh yum! You've been eating some great meals! I'm not even a BBQ fan but that BBQ sandwich looks incredible! The beyond burger looks great too. I've been a little afraid of them because the texture seems a bit too real but that looks amazing. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the seasoning!

Barb said...

I love BBQ seitan so much it's stupid. And I'm going to Asheville for work next month- gotta try some of that while I'm there!