Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Stuff I Ate

Lots of random meals to catch y'all up on!

Way back in the beginning of April, I met up with some former Memphis Flyer co-workers (Susan and Toby) for lunch buffet at Pho Binh. This Midtown hotspot is known for its amazing tofu buffet. The lemongrass tofu is legendary, but they were out on our first trip to the buffet. Don't worry — they brought fresh out later! Pictured here is the Green Bean Tofu and the Black Bean Tofu with the Clear Soup.


After Nashville VegFest, I had a bunch of my Tofu Eggless Olive Salad (the same thing I demo-ed at Memphis VegFest last weekend) left. Had some with crackers and Horseradish Hummus (from Trader Joe's) with crudites and wine. Also some Punk Rawk Labs Nacho Cheese and crackers.


A couple weeks ago, I Love Juice Bar held its second annual fun run — a 3-mile jaunt around Cooper-Young. I met up with Jennifer, Simon, and Shay.


And I got the chance to test out my new I Love Tofu shorts.


They handed out free Beet Juice Shots before the run.


And after, there was free Memphis Made beer and snacks. Tiny PB&J Sandwiches.


And Kale Salad.


And Juice Bar's best-ever Pad Thai Noodle Bowls. 


A random breakfast of Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Blueberry Waffles with fresh blueberries and maple syrup.


Another random breakfast of Engine 2 Rip's Big Bowl Cereal with Vegan Sausage and Grapes.


Juice! This was a post-run treat a couple weeks back from the So Fresh juice/smoothie truck at the Memphis Farmers Market. This was an Apple-Carrot-Ginger Juice. Great for post-run carbs and hydration.


A FitQuick Lemon Poppyseed Protein Waffle with Fresh Nectarine, Maple, & Tahini! Another post-run treat!


A couple Fridays ago, I met my friends Pam and Shay for lunch at Al-Rayan, a little, mom-and-pop-style Middle Eastern restaurant for my very fave Ful Medames (fava bean stew). It's served with pita, tomato, onion, and jalapeno. I'm convinced Al-Rayan's ful is one of Memphis' best-kept secrets.


As usual, I have way more pics that I'm willing to cram into one post, so I'll be back tomorrow with more random meals!

6 comments:

Susan said...

A post without anything from Imagine? I am assuming that will be in a later post. ;)
All delicious looking food, as usual!

Hillary said...

I want that tofu, it looks amazing! I still remember the first time I tried lemongrass tofu. It was life changing!
I absolutely love ful medames. I definitely need to get some fava beans and make it again, thanks for reminding me of this delicious dish!

Sarah said...

Oooh that first dish of the tofu dishes and soup looks incredible! That's an ideal meal for me :) The shorts are so cute and the fun run snacks sound delicious. I'm sure they were extra delicious after a run! How did I not know about Ezekiel waffles? I have to find those after I finish my Trader Joe's waffles!

Trixie said...

I love how balanced your meals are! Btw: I think you posted a while back a recipe for making a fitquick mug cake. I can't seem to find it.

Bianca said...

Hey Trixie, here ya go! It was buried in a Stuff I Ate post: http://vegancrunk.blogspot.com/2016/08/stuff-i-ate.html

It's just sandwiched in the middle of a bunch of other pics!

Unknown said...

You eat the best random stuff!! Is lemongrass tofu something that is unique to that restaurant or am i missing out and it's on menus at a thai/? style restaurant and i just don't know to look for it..??
I have a new block of tofu and thanks to this post now i know it will become your eggless salad! Yum :))
Ttrockwood