Sunday, September 30, 2012

My First Booksigning!

I held my first Cookin' Crunk booksigning/release party this weekend at Imagine Vegan Cafe. Owners Kristie and Adam were gracious enough to let me steal one of their tables to peddle my books, and they even donated some samples from their appetizer and dessert menus to serve alongside a few samples I'd made from the book.

The event lasted from 3 to 6 p.m., and over the three hours, I sold 23 books! I told myself that I'd be happy if I sold 15, so I exceeded that goal. Here I am signing away:


I made my Deviled Tofu Bites from Cookin' Crunk to hand out. Vegans, vegetarians, and even some omnis gave them a try, and people were just blown away by how much they taste like deviled eggs. The secret is in the black salt, of course:


I also brought along a Crock-Pot filled with my Country Potato Soup from Cookin' Crunk, which I served in little sample soup cups. It's loaded with veggie bacon, and most people were pleasantly surprised by the smoky flavor:


Kristie brought out a plate of Imagine's hot wings and their eggless egg salad for people to try, but I had already put the camera away, so I didn't get a shot before they were gone. I did, however, get a shot of Stephanie's amazing mini Peanut Butter Bombs and Triple Chocolate Cupcakes. Stephanie of Swell Baked Goods provides the desserts for Imagine, and Kristie gave us a few free cuppies to hand out:


About mid-way through the signing, a group of my close friends came in wearing Cookin' Crunk tee-shirts! They joked about having shirts made, but I didn't believe they'd do it. It looked like I had a fan club!!


Here's a close-up. That picture, by the way, is me in my Mexican wrestler costume from last Halloween:


The event was a great success, and I'm so thankful to everyone who came out and bought a book. And thanks to Imagine for letting me set up there (and for feeding me vegan Philly cheesesteak and beer after the signing!). Also, thanks to my friends Cassi and Greg for staying the whole three hours to keep me company and dish out soup.

My next signing will be on Tuesday, Oct. 2nd at the Booksellers at Laurelwood from 6 to 7 p.m. We'll have samples there too! Stop by if you're in town!

Also, WREG still hasn't posted the video of my TV appearance from Thursday. I'm not sure what's up with that, but if it ever goes online, I'll share it here.

13 comments:

x said...

Congrats on your first signing - I bet it was a lot of fun!

JL said...

I wish I could have been there! So happy for you and proud of you!

Caitlin said...

girl, you are so prettyyyyyy! i would have loved to have been there. you're famous!

Des said...

Cool!! I hope you had a blast and those shirts... bad ass :)
Congrats!

Amey said...

awesome!!! congrats on selling so many books!

Babette said...

The tofu bites look delicious.

Wow, your friends are really cool with those t-shirts!!

xvavaveganx said...

Congrats Bianca! What an amazing achievement for you! I'm so excited for you and I am loving those t shirts! ;)

Erin said...

Congrats on a successful first signing! The shirts your friends made are hilarious.

candice said...

Congrats on your book lady!! Wishing you lots of success :) I must get a copy!

GiGi said...

Congrats on your new book! It looks fantastic. I've done time in the dirty South, and still love grits and hushpuppies. Yay exceeding your goal. I've made the deviled tofu and black salt is the way to go. Here's to lots more sales.

bookwormbethie said...

congrats on your first book signing! can't wait to get your cookbook!

Anonymous said...

I am from Texas and now living in Michigan (since this summer) but I stay in Memphis every time I drive home to Texas. Discovered Imagine Cafe the last time I was in town.

Any chance that you will be having another book signing either later in October or early November somewhere?

tender b. said...

Congratulations on the book signing. Looks like it was a fun time with some good food (and nice t-shirts).