Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sweet Tater Hash

Quick post tonight — another recap of a cookbook recipe. I've been eating my savory Sweet Potato Hash for breakfast every day this week:

This will be the fourth or fifth time I've tested this recipe, and it seems like real winner. It's sort of like corned beef hash, but I've subbed sweet potatoes and veggie burger for the white taters and corned beef. What the hell is corned beef anyway? It sounds like some creepy meat from a can.

Anyway, the hash is tastiest served with toast. In this photo, my whole grain toast is schmeared with Sarah Grace Pumpkin Butter, a package swap gift from Sarah at See Sarah Eat. We did a swap last year, but at the time, I had several jars of jams and fruit butters open. I just recently opened the Sarah Grace brand, and it is fantastic.

And yes, I know my breakfast plate here looks way more autumn than early summer. But who's counting?

15 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

Ohh...wow. I think I'd eat that everyday for breakfast too! Seriously, you are just a genius and I can't wait for the recipe so I can make it myself. It looks DELICIOUS!

JL Goes Vegan said...

This looks so good!

The Health Sensei said...

OMG I WANT!

Kittie said...

Oooh, I love autumn, who cares if it's technically summer? :)

My dad eats corned beef...it is indeed a very creepy meat from a can. *shudder*

VeganLinda said...

I can't wait for your cookbook! Everything you've posted looks just awesome!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

Dunno about over there but the corned beef in the UK is creepy meat in a can, vile stuff!

Your sweet tater hash looks awesome, I love sweet potatoes.

Mihl said...

Is it weird to think this would be perfect for a light lunch? I'm the bread and oatmeal kind of breakfast person and can't get myself to cook in the morning. But for lunch...perfect!

Jessica said...

I'd eat sweet potatoes and pumpkin butter any time of the year!

Serena said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I told my mom about the book you're coming out with and she is really enthusiastic about buying it!

Sarah S. said...

That hash looks like a winner to me!

Eric said...

Mmmh the hash look good. I'm also a fan of using left over burgers/ect. in them since Im usually too lazy on weekend mornings to cook much.

Erin said...

nom nom nom nom...

River - The Crafty Kook said...

Bring on Autumn! That looks really tasty, I can't wait to go back home and get crunky with some more tester recipes.

Anonymous said...

Just 'cause you asked: Corned beef is merely beef that's been cured in brine. I don't think it necessarily has to come in a can.

Carissa said...

Yum! I just got some homemade pumpkin butter sent from my friend in the mail. I love the stuff! I always loved apple butter, but I think I love pumpkin butter more :)