Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fluffer Nutter Oats in a Jar!

What to do with this sad, almost empty jar of Mighty Maple peanut butter?

Put steel cut oats in it! And stir in a little extra PB and loads of Ricemallow Cream for the bestest Fluffer Nutter oats in a jar!

The whole oats-in-a-jar concept has been floating around the vegan blogosphere for ages, but I think I first caught on after seeing this post on Nora's Pride & Vegudice blog. A quick Google search pulls up a butt-load of posts from a host of awesome bloggers on enjoying oats in a nearly-empty nut butter jar.

In case you've missed all those, it goes like this — When you reach the last smidgeon of peanut butter in your jar (say a couple of tablespoons), leave 'em. And don't toss the jar. Cook you up some oats (I like steel cut the best, but I'll eat whatever's around). Pour the hot oats in your jar, and top with another dab of peanut butter (from a new jar) if you want. Then stir in any extras, like jam, bananas, maple syrup, or my fave Ricemallow Cream.

The magic happens when your spoon scrapes those last little bits of melty peanut butter from the sides of the jar as you scoop up bites of hot oats. I wish I had an almost-empty peanut butter jar everyday....sigh. I should start eating way more peanut butter.

12 comments:

Gloria said...

MMMMmmmmm. That is all... :)

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) said...

Oats in a jar happens wayyy often for me. Is it possible to eat too much peanut butter?!

The Health Sensei said...

i've never done this, never even heard of it, but you've totally inspired me! i wonder if i can make a raw version using raw cashew butter and sprouted oats? excited!

Lauren said...

I love oats in a jar! Eric always makes fun of me for them.

I haven't seen the Mighty Maple peanut butter but I think I need some in my life. Now.

Shannon-Rabbit Food said...

Wow, I take a hiatus from the blogosphere for a couple weeks and what happens? You post about the tastiest shiznat.

I love this trick. I wish I had an empty jar of pb everyday too. (But then I'd probably be too hefty to get to the store to buy more!)

Lauren (Clean Eats in the Dirty South) said...

Oats in a jar with whipped banana and maple syrup, and, of course, topped with more PB.... mmmm.. I go through far too much peanut butter haha :D

Marja @ StuckInYourBeard said...

That is a great idea!

Adventures in Veg said...

Hee! I've read about this a few times but I'm not a huge nut butter fan :( it looks so great though!

Eric said...

I've never seen this mighty maple before!

Kris said...

Apparently I am living in the dark ages- I've never seen that before! What a brilliant idea- yum!!!

Chickpea33 said...

Brilliant! And I LOVE that PB.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I just saw this because I've been kinda absent from the blog world! thanks for the shout-out--your oats in a jar definitely beat mine!