Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cookin' with Poopie and Miss Crunk

Last Saturday, Stephanie (aka Poopie Bitch) and I hosted a cooking demo at the Southern Women's Show — an annual expo of all things girly – at the Agricenter in Memphis. We made the Chorizo Sausages from Vegan Brunch because a) they're awesome and b) we've both made so many steamed sausages in our vegan lives that we could do it in our sleep.

Steph's husband Richard shot this video and did a fantastic editing job. Watch it (and check out our Beyonce headphone mics!):



By the way, if you make these at home, please note that I accidentally left out the two cloves of minced garlic. Oops! Yea, yea I know I just said I could do it in my sleep. But hey, I was under pressure.

Oh, and don't forget to enter the Primal Strips giveaway. I'll leave it open until 11 p.m. on Wednesday. And Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'll drink a green beer for ya!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great video! You guys were so cute, great job!!!

chirpybird said...

Way to go lady-pies! I heart your blog. Super fun to see you and Steph in action. Way to represent at the Women's Show!

radioactivegan said...

I love your apron! Great job on the demo :)

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Adorable ladies!

A-K said...

Teehee! I imagined you would have a more southern accent in my mind...goes to show you not to assume too much about people! Anyhow, great job!

Tami said...

You guys are awesome! So adorable. I'm with Steph on the microplane.

It's so cool you guys did this. Thanks for taping it, too.

Leslie Richman said...

Yay- very nice!!

Veg-In-Training said...

So awesome. I love your cupcake apron!

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

I just made these for the first time the other day, and now I know what I did wrong. My steamer is different, and I didn't cover it! Duh!

Great video, and I love your apron!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vegan Valerie said...

Nice vid! I'm a timid chef, but you made that look easy, like even I could do it! It's so silly for me to feel this way about cooking. But my confidence is growing! Thanks for posting this today, Bianca!

Anonymous said...

Great job! You both did a wonderful job. And I agree, those sausages are worth sharing.

Mary said...

How fun! You don't sound like I thought you would. I thought you'd be a southern belle. Nice job, you were both super clear and confident!

Theresa said...

What a great way to bring veganism into mainstream venues!

poopiebitch said...

We are so awesome.

Jenny said...

I had *no* idea homemade sausages could be so easy! Thanks so much for sharing this, ladies. I'm now inspired to try and make my own at home. You rock!

Ree said...

Hi Bianca,

I tried making these today but they came out a little too doughy. I measured 1 1/4 cup of the gluten flour like you said. Maybe I didn't knead the mix long enough? Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You're too cute, B!

Anders said...

Those sausages looked delicious :).
Is the recipe available here on the blog?

//Anders