Tuesday, March 23, 2010

All That Glitters

When people ask me my favorite color, I say "glitter." Maybe that makes me a little airy-fairy, but so what? Glitter is fun! And it contains all colors, which is perfect for an indecisive Libra like me.

My love of glitter is what initially drew me to these Citrus Glitters from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar:

The "glitter" is actually turbinado sugar, but it's the citrus flavor that truly shines in these soft sugar cookies.

A mix of orange, lime, and lemon zest went into the cookie batter, creating a delicate citrus flavor that was a perfect balance with the crunchy turbinado sugar.

I especially loved the texture of these cookies. Sugar cookies often end up way too crispy for my liking, but these remained soft and somewhat cakey (even four days later!). I brought a plateful to work to celebrate the Spring Equinox (my favorite holiday!), and they were quickly gobbled up by the co-workers.

15 comments:

Susan said...

I think glitter is a valid choice. I love things that glitter!

Anonymous said...

glittering, just like your personality!

Sarah said...

These look delicious. There's so many cookbooks I need to buy, including that one! x

All about... (vegan) food said...

The cookies look delicious and I loved your favorite color ;)

T said...

Pretty! I have a secret love for sugar cookies, even more than chocolate chip. Must get that cookbook soon!

Pure2raw twins said...

YUM!! Love the glitter cookies

Leslie Richman said...

Oh you're killing me and my dieting self...these look so delicious!!!

The Voracious Vegan said...

Hahaha, Bianca, I love that glitter is your favorite color. That is seriously awesome!

And these cookies look YUMMY and they sound even better. The idea of a bright, tangy sweet citrus cookie sounds perfect right about now.

Allysia said...

HA! I know all about being an indecisive Libra :P

two vegan boys said...

There is nothing wrong with glitter. It is like the time I took Arthur to buy his tap shoes for dance class. He wanted the shiny ones. There is nothing wrong with a little flair.

dreaminitvegan said...

Glitter? What a great answer! These cookies are pretty and I love the crunchiness that the sugar gives on top.

*Autumn Tao* said...

Curious... what do you do for a living?

Sarah said...

Glitter is a great favorite color!

misss_e said...

Yum! Those look tasty! There is nothing wrong with glitter being your favorite color! One of my students told me that my favorite color wasn't pink it was Sprinkles...that says a lot about your personality and character!!!

Vegan In The VI said...

Why are you doing this to me? I so don't want to buy that cookbook. No good can come of it.