Thursday, August 24, 2023

Tempeh Nuggs, Fava Beans, & Caprese Pasta

I recently made the Baked Tempeh Nuggets from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook as part of my quest to make every recipe from the book. These were very tasty! They're seasoned in a marinade and then coated in breadcrumbs and baked. And they're really taste dipped in the creamy hemp dressing from the book. Served with Wicked Foods BBQ Mac & Cheese and broccoli because I love a toddler meal.


I picked up a can of Fava Beans in Tahini Sauce at an Indian market in Little Rock. This is basically canned ful medames, which is a really tasty African and Middle Eastern dish. There was a Middle Eastern restaurant near my house that closed years ago, and it served the best ful medames with a vegan garlic sauce that's very similar to the Trader Joe's garlic sauce. So I added some of that! And I had kale, kraut, and paratha. A very multi-cultural meal!


And finally, here's a tasty Easy Caprese Pasta from The Fiber Fueled Cookbook. It's got homemade tofu feta with roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and balsamic. I had some sourdough toast with vegan Boursin cheese spread and kalamata olive spread. A perfect night-before-my-run meal.


1 comment:

Gina said...

Nice post--love all of these!