Monday, August 21, 2023

IKEA Eats!

I rarely get out to IKEA because it's just such a big event. The store is huge, and I like to spend a couple hours browsing. Plus, it's best when I actually need something from there instead of going to blow money on things I don't need.

But I needed two new lamps to replace a couple lamps that I was tired of. And so, a couple Fridays ago, I spent the better part of a day at IKEA. And of course, that meant lunch in the cafe! Since my last trip there, pre-pandemic, IKEA has come out with new Plant Balls, which are made with pea protein. They're meatier than the Veggie Balls, and I was excited to try them. The selection of sides is rather random, but I went with a veggie medley and black beans. Kind of a Mexican meatball meal. Ha!

Weird, but good! And of course, I picked up some Plant Balls and Lignonberry Jam from the Swedish grocery area to bring home. Swedish meatballs will be on my menu soon!

I also got a bag of the Veggie Dogs for the house. They sell these for $1 in the cafe, and I've had them there before. But on my last trip, they weren't available in the frozen section as a take-home thing. I picked up a jar of their Mustard & Dill Sauce to serve on the dogs at home.

Love these! They're basically the same as the Veggie Balls but shaped like hot dogs. They're fairly low-cal and low-protein, so when I eat them at home, I've been having two at a time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the mustard dill sauce from IKEA, I always have to get some whenever I go. Happily, there is an IKEA very close to me. Though going there still always takes more time than I intend to because I just love browsing.