Thursday, August 10, 2023

Birthday Fun with Sheridan (and Cinnaholic!!)

My BFF Sheridan had a birthday on Tuesday, but I made the drive to visit her in Little Rock last weekend. Sheridan is a theater teacher, but during the summers, she directs community theater shows. And her performance of Cabaret was closing last weekend, so this gave me a chance to see the show and have birthday fun time.

Shortly after I arrived on Friday, Sheridan, Drew, and I headed to Raduno Brick Oven for pizza and beer! They have several vegan menu items.

We started with the Spinach Dip Appetizer. This was great! I loved the gooey, cheesy dip.

We ordered a Vegan Pepperoni Pizza and a Funghi Pizza. The pepperoni one had vegan cheese, and we went cheese-less on the mushroom pie. That one also had a lovely truffle oil topping. 


We had some lattes and walked around downtown after dinner, and we checked out the Arkansas Arts Center's galleries. 

Then it was time for Sheridan and Drew to head to the theater. Sheridan was the director, and Drew played several parts in the show. They had to be at the theater early, so I met up with our friend Brittany (who I've been friends with since the second grade!) and some of her friends for drinks at El Sur. I had a Jalapeno Margarita.


Then we headed to the theater to get our seats. Cabaret was fantastic! Super fun show! And afterward, we joined the cast for drinks at BJ's Brewhouse, but I didn't get any pics there.

The next day, Sheridan made us Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches with Beyond Sausage, Chao cheese, tofu egg, mayo, and hot sauce on English muffins. Sheridan's tofu egg is the best.

We went with that light brekky at her house rather than going out for brunch because we had big plans for lunch treats at Cinnaholic! Little Rock has had a location of this all-vegan cinnamon roll chain for a while, but I've somehow never been. We don't have one in Memphis, so this was a big deal. I got the Campfire Smores Roll with marshmallow cream, graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chocolate sauce. 

Whew! This was a lot of sugar, and I had a big crash later. But it was worth every bite. Maybe it's for the best that the closest Cinnaholic to me is 2-plus hours away. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, we have a Cinnaholic near us! Luckily it's not TOO near- but definitely close enough for special occasions.
I'm thinking I need to up my breakfast sandwich game. The ones you're posting look incredible. This sounds like a very festive weekend!