Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July Goddess Box Unpacking!

It's that time again! My July Goddess Provisions box arrived a week or so ago, just in time for my weekend trip to Nashville. You see, this month's box theme is "Goddess on a Road Trip." So perfect!

Here's what was inside. There's a cool sticker, a lemongrass car air freshener, a palo santo stick and essential oil, happy drops, hair oil, black tourmaline, and chimichurri almonds.


I didn't use ALL of these things on my trip, but a number of them did come in handy, especially that car freshener. It's been awhile since I've replaced my old air freshener, which no longer had any scent left. And this one by Purple Frog is way better than what I had anyway because it's all-natural and smells of fresh, bright lemongrass. You can even recharge it by adding essential oils as the scent starts to wane!


These Spice Foods Chimichurri Almonds were a LIFESAVER on the road. I get very bored on road trips and sometimes even a little sleepy. But I've found that so long as I'm stuffing snacks in my face, I stay entertained and alert. These almonds are dry-roasted and coated in a delicious herb mixture.


I took the black tourmaline with me on the road too. I always travel with crystals (usually yellow jasper because it encourages safe travel). I did pack my jasper, but I also included this tourmaline, which guards against negativity and protects you from environmental pollutants (great for highway travel!).


I didn't take the Prim Botanicals Hair Oil or the Calm-a-Mama Happy Drops with me. But I've been using the Happy Drops at home daily, and wow — I will certainly be buying these when I run out. It's an elixir made from rose hydrosol, lemon balm, and chamomile flower essences, and 2-4 drops on the tongue is seriously SO UPLIFTING. It's an instant mood changer. I've long been a believer in flower essences (I use them on the pets as well), and I'm so happy to have this new elixir in my life. I haven't tried the hair oil yet, but I plan to give it a go this weekend. You can use it as a leave-in mask or as a finishing touch, but I'm going to try it as a mask.


There's also the Sacred Wood Essence Palo Santo Stick and Oil. I have a few palo santo sticks already, but this one is special because "You're a Goddess" is carved into it. I burn palo santo and sage daily to clear out negativity and protect my space. I've never owned palo santo essential oil, but it smells amazing. I've been applying to my pulse points in the mornings to boost a sense of peace and well-being.


Finally, there's this really cute sticker! The message is so rad. I placed it on a mirror in my hallway that I look into daily as I'm headed out the door. This will serve as a reminder to face each day with love and gratitude.


By the way, I'm a Goddess Provisions ambassador, which means I make a couple bucks if anyone signs up using this link. I don't get my boxes free though, just to be clear. I subscribe and pay the $33 a month, and it's totally worth it. It's a great deal, and the boxes are so much fun!

No comments: