Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fabulous and Fat-Free!

For the past couple mornings, I've started my days with these lovely fat-free Orange Blueberry Spelt Muffins from The Best of Happy Herbivore, Vol. 1 E-Cookbook:

These moist flavorful muffins are the first recipe I've made since ordering Lindsey's awesome e-cookbook (follow the link to score your own copy). And what a great first choice! The muffins are loaded with heart-healthy blueberries and nutrient-rich spelt four, with just a slight hint of citrus.

If you don't already own HH's Volume 1 cookbook, it's a must-buy. And a steal at only $5. The digital cookbook is filled with about 100 recipes, all compiled from Lindsey's blog through 2007 and 2008. Since she's all about the low-fat vegan recipes, every scrumptious dish in the book is healthy and light ... and some recipes are even fat-free!

I'm not gonna lie. I love me some fried food, but every once in awhile, a girl needs a break from the deep fryer. And this book offers plenty of healthy ideas for getting off the grease.

11 comments:

Tara said...

Those look great! Orange and blueberry is a great flavor combination, and I love spelt flour!

Anonymous said...

Low-fat and vegan are two of my favourite food qualifiers! I can't wait for some muffin love (post-lent). Yum!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Magnificent muffins!!

jessy said...

wow! those muffins look so light 'n fluffy & yuuuuuummmmmy (and they sound oh-so delicious, Bianca)! mmmmmmm! i think i'm gonna have to check out Happy Herbivore's ebook - it sounds full of tasty good-for-ya recipes that i may love! thanks, Bianca! :D

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

aww!! yay! I'm so glad you liked them! I looove these muffins - they have a nice nutty flavor to them without nuts and your photo is perfection! xxoo

Jen said...

i'm looking forward to picking blueberries this summer up in michigan, hoarding them in freezer, and using them to make muffins.

Macie said...

Oooh, I love citrus/blueberry combinations!

VeganWoman said...

Love it when a muffin is fat free! who knew?

Veganissexy said...

Oooooh good recommendation. I'll check that out. Yes.....more healthy food needs to be in my future as well :)

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic! What a great breakfast.

A_and_N said...

Its hard to believe that they're fat free after looking at those muffins! Awesome!